We were able to help this restaurant's pay-per-click (PPC) campaign improve immensely!
In 2020, Pushing the Envelope, Inc. (PTE) partnered with a restaurant on a Google Ads campaign, Pay-Per-Click (PPC). Although, the restaurant received a high number of clicks through PPC, it did not lead to an increase in traffic throughout the website via Click-Through-Rate (CTR). Early 2021, PTE wanted another attempt to to improve the restaurant’s CTR; this involved a lower budget, and improved search terms to increase the number of user’s productivity on the website.
Beginning in February 2021, the following solutions were to be completed within one month, from February 19, 2021 to March 16, 2021.
• Increase CTR above industry average by 4.68%: increasing the pages per session via Google Analytics
• Maintain an average cost-per-click (CPC) below $1.00: decreasing the amount spent on each click during the campaign
PTE developed an effective pay-per-click (PPC) campaign via Google Ads by:
• The addition of responsive search ads: to accommodate various headlines and descriptions used to interest different audiences.
• Adjusting the keyword strategy: adding negative keywords to narrow the target audience interacting on the ad (to reduce the CPC on searches not related to the client’s business)
• Including and updating various extensions: to reflect the client’s latest specials throughout reported months
• Adding a maximum CPC to the campaign: this would ensure the client’s ads are bidding effectively and efficiently
All intended targets were not only met, but surpassed! Comparing February 19 to March 16 of 2020 to 2021:
• The CTR increased from 6.91% in 2021, to 9.20%, exceeding the target by 4.52% compared to 2020.
• CPC in 2021 decreased from $0.07 to $0.55, exceeding the target by $0.45 and reducing the expense by $615 compared to 2020.